°Personal Data” is information that a person can use, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information, to identify you as an individual. This may include your precise Location Data and your Performance Data.
“Other Information” is information that is anonymous, aggregate, de-identified, or otherwise does not reveal your identity. Some examples include age, gender, browser and operating system, time spent using our Services, and web pages visited. We collect and use this information to understand how you and our community use our Services and we constantly tune, enhance, innovate and build products and services to reflect the needs of our customers. When you are using a mobile device, we also collect and use your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and Google Advertising ID (AAID) to recognize your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are recognize your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to your device and, depending on your operating system, you can reset it through your device settings.
Generally, we do not consider Other Information to be Personal Data However, if we link together Other Information in a way that renders it individually identifiable, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data.
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
1. When you register with us, we collect registration and demographic details (. e.g., name, username and password, email address, date of birth, and location). When you set up an account, we will collect your name, username and password, email address, date of birth, and mailing address. We may also collect your contact number and information about your mobile device (e.g., name of your wireless carrier and device identifier). In addition, we may collect certain demographic information at registration to tailor our Services to your needs, such as age, gender, fitness and physical characteristics, and sport preferences. If you submit a job application or apply for a job with us, we will collect Personal Data including your contact details, work history, employment needs and interests, and anything relevant to the job for which you are applying.
2. When you use or interact with our Services, we collect Personal Data such as Performance Data and Location Data.
Performance Data: We collect your Performance Data to help you track your fitness, nutrition, activity levels, sleep, goals and progress, to provide you with feedback (such as training and product recommendations) and to help us run our business.
We collect Performance Data in several ways:
1. when you input the data manually into the Services;
2. when you employ features in the Services that are designed to capture the data (such as Location Data when using a running route tracker);
3. when you leverage technologies that integrate or connect with our Services, such as certain mobile applications, wearables, or other fitness technologies (such as activity trackers, heart rate
monitors, pedometers, and the like) that share Performance Data with our Services; and
4. when we calculate additional information from Performance Data you have previously provided (such as when we analyse performance over time).
Here are some examples of Performance Data we collect:
Information about your physical traits, such as height, weight, body measurements and age;
Details about your athletic or recreational activities, such as type of activity, exercise frequency, and performance goals;
Data about athletic performance, such as time spent doing an activity, speed, distance, cadence, hydration, and heart rate;
Information about nutrition and conditions impacting performance, such as calorie intake, nutritional statistics, blood glucose and pressure, physiological condition, body temperature, how much you slept the prior evening, weight loss and gain, how you felt during a workout, and images/video demonstrating the impact to performance, fit, or comfort. Location Data: We may collect precise location data as part of the functionality of our Services. For example, if you want to map your cycling route with one of our applications and you have enabled geolocation tracking, we will collect your Location Data as you cycle along the route and produce a map for you. We collect Location Data through the Services, so we can offer you certain location based services (like route tracking described above), provide advertisements that are relevant to your geographic location, and conduct analytics to improve the Services.
We collect Location Data in several ways:
1. from your wireless carrier;
2. through a wearable or other device you have connected (for example, wirelessly) to our Services; and
3. directly from the device on which you use our Services. The way in which we collect Location Data is different depending on whether you are accessing the Services through a website or a mobile application. The collection of your Location Data may occur even when our Services are not actively open and running. If you are accessing the Services through one of our mobile applications, the way we collect Location Data will differ depending on your mobile device’s operating system. In all events, we do not collect Location Data, unless you have “allowed” its collection. If you decline to allow Location Data collection in the app, we will not collect your Location Data unless you manually enter it in. Other Information: We may collect Other Information about your use of our Services. This includes, for example, your device type, carrier provider, browser type, operating system, internet domain and host name, date and time of access as well as referring and onward URL, as well as transactional data about the activities you undertake and how you interact with the Services, such as what data is displayed, clicked on or shared, the click stream patterns, and the length of time spent on each site or page; and searches you may conduct on the Services. Note on Connected Devices and Products: When using a wearable or connected device or product, we may collect certain information about the device or product such as serial number, Bluetooth address, UPC, or other device- or purchase-related information. Note on In-Store Tracking: We may collect Location Data in our stores and studios to better understand our fitness preferences and provide product recommendations. If you allow push notifications, we may use Location Data and push notifications to reach out to you if we detect you are in our stores or studios. For example, we may use instore beacons to communicate with you via our Services. We will obtain your consent before sending recommendations to your device.
6. When you shop in-store, we may collect contact and purchase information. When you are shopping at our store, we may collect any contact and purchase information that is necessary to process your transaction. For example, we collect payment information, email (to provide e-receipts when preferred), and physical address (for shipping). In addition, if you consent and where permissible, we may collect your email and phone numbers to send you information about products and promotions.
7. When we provide you access to third-party products and services. If you are accessing third-party products and services that we have made available to you via the Services, we may collect your name, email address, city, fitness preferences, payment information, and more, in connection with your registration for and access to those products and services. For example, we may allow you to register and pay for third-party products and services through the Services. We will only collect and share Personal Data with third parties with your permission.
8. When you take surveys and enter challenges, promotions, contests, and sweepstakes, we collect contact, demographic, and eligibility information. We may sponsor contests, challenges, sweepstakes and other promotions (hereinafter “Promotions”) and we may request that you provide Personal Data, such as name, address, email address, telephone number and age and other information that may be appropriate to participate. If you win, we also may need to collect certain tax information, waivers and releases, depending on the prize. We may also launch surveys that ask you to answer questions about a range of topics from personal information to brand and product preferences. We may also run promotions or surveys, or we may run them through a service provider or we may co-brand them with one of our business partners. In such instances, we may collect Personal Data directly or shared with the service provider or business partner via print, website, mobile applications or other means.
Promotion or survey. Additionally, with your consent, we may share your Personal Data associated with a Promotion with our business partners that sponsored or were involved with that particular
9. When we supplement your information, we collect additional Personal Data about you. If you have registered or created an account with us, we may obtain demographic information about you from reputable third-party sources to help us improve our communication with you, give us better consumer insight into your needs, and to improve our business. We may combine your Personal Data, Performance Data, and the Location Data with information we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the overall quality of our Services, such as providing you with a single point of sign on for our Services and building an account dashboard letting you understand how to access and control all the Services you use from a single page. For example, we may obtain updated email address information from email-change-of-address vendors or purchase third-party marketing data and address information and add it to our database to better direct our advertising and provide pertinent offers we think you are more likely to be interested in.
10. When you engage with our online communities or with advertising on the Services, we may collect Personal Data about those interactions. We may collect your Personal Data when you engage with our online communities. This includes when you click on advertisements, interact with our social media pages, submit content, leave reviews, or otherwise enter information into comment fields, blogs, message boards, events and other community forums sponsored by or affiliated with us. These forums are public, so please exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and remove content within the comment fields, message boards, events and other community forums on the Services.
C. How We Use Personal Data We use the data we collect to operate our business, to advertise, to provide our products and Services, to improve existing products and services, to develop new products and services, and to improve and personalise your experiences interacting with us. We also use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to deliver advertising and other information that may be of interest to you.
We use the information we collect to:
1. Operate our business and provide our Services to our members and customers. We use the data we collect to provide the Services that we offer. This includes operating, maintaining, and providing you with all the content and features of the Services. For example, tracking your fitness and nutrition goals, and processing your payment for purchases. We also use the data that we collect for our internal business operations. For example, we use data to better understand our business, analyse our operations, improve the Services, and to develop new products and Services to support your fitness, wellness, and nutritional goals. We may also use the data to track, for example, the total number of visitors to or users of the Services, the number of visitors to each page of the Services, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers to analyse our business operations and performance.
2. Personalise experiences on our Services, better understand our members and customers, and gain consumer insights. We use the Personal Data we collect to personalise your experience with our Services. This allows us to present products and information that we think may be of most interest to you. In addition, with your consent, we may use your Performance Data to provide you with product and service recommendations. Our use of Personal Data will also allow you to participate in social sharing on our Services, connect and communicate with other users of our Services, and to create and manage your account. We also use Personal Data to better understand the people who use our Services. This helps us to innovate, plan and design new products, services, features and functionality that our members and customers need and want.
3. Provide you with access to third-party products and services. We use the data we collect to provide third parties with the information necessary to enable those third parties to fulfill the products or services that a member or customer has requested. We also use the data to better understand member and customer preferences and to enhance our Services. In addition, we may use the data within our Services to assist members and customers in meeting their wellness and fitness goals.
4. Address security issues and to resolve disputes. We use the data we collect, including Personal Data in some cases, to protect the security of our Services, employees and users, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements and contractual commitments.
5. Tailor our advertising and marketing. We use Personal Data and Other Information to assist us in our advertising and marketing campaigns, to provide you with information on the products and Services that we think are most relevant to you, and to enable us to measure the success of our marketing activities. For example, when corresponding with you via email, we may use “format sensing” technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received or opened our emails. In addition, we may use Location Data to serve ads that are more relevant to you based on your particular location.
7. Administer Promotions.We use the Personal Data we collect during contests, challenges, sweepstakes and promotions to administer the Promotion, verify identity and age, and to communicate with you about the challenge or about other offers. We also collect and use survey information to improve your customer experience and to improve our business, products, and services.With some challenges, promotions, and surveys, we may ask questions, so we can conduct market research. Sometimes we will ask questions that we know our business partners are interested to learn. Other times, we will ask questions on behalf of our business partners. In these cases, we may share your responses with these business partners for their own market research and communication purposes. For example, we may ask whether you prefer coffee or tea in the morning and share your response with our coffee company partner. To opt-out of this kind of collection and sharing, you can decline to answer these kinds of questions or decline to participate in the challenge or survey altogether.
1. To Affiliates, Partners, Vendors, and Suppliers. We share Personal Data among our affiliated companies. We do this to run our business more efficiently and to have a better understanding of our members and customers across all of our business lines. We also work with partners, vendors, distributors, and suppliers. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data, but only to the extent it is necessary for them to: (1) provide their products and services to us; or (2) provide you the products and services that you have requested. For example, we may use third-party providers to assist us with marketing and advertising our products and Services, delivering customer service and support, and for e-commerce order fulfillment.
2. To Enable the Use of Our Services. We may use, or disclose to third parties, Personal Data that we collect through the Services to enable us to provide Services. For example, our website may allow you to interface with a third-party website or application, such as PayPal or FedEx. In addition, with your knowledge and consent, our Services may gather and transfer information from other applications, functions and tools within your mobile device.
3. In Community Forums.Any information you post or disclose in our community forums, such as Facebook, WeChat, YouTube, or Twitter, is public. We cannot control the use of information that people disclose in community forums, such as bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile applications. Exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, and be careful what Personal Data you disclose and how you disclose it. Content posted in our community forums, including advice and opinions, represents the views of the individuals who post that Content and such individuals bear sole and exclusive responsibility for the posting of that content. We do not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with any content posted in our Community Forums.
4. As We Grow and Change – Corporate Transactions and Reorganizations. If we should ever merge with another company, or if we should decide to buy, sell, or reorganize some part or all of our business, we may disclose or transfer, to the extent the law permits, and in compliance with any applicable requirements to notify you, your Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers or successor entities in connection with one of these transactions or reorganizations.
5. As the Law Requires or Permits. The law may require, or permit, us to disclose your Personal Data if: (i) disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) disclosure would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (iii) disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights or property; (iv) disclosure is necessary to protect the legal rights or property or physical security of others; or (v) disclosure is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime.
E. Information Security We use technical and organizational measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft, and loss. We also recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your information, such as installing anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials and passwords, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have enabled the latest security features on your devices.
F. Data Retention We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account with us. We will also retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
2. Types of Cookies We Use We use several different types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that we must use for the operation of our websites. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for any Services that we may offer.
Analytical, or performance, cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. These helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and do not encounter technical errors. Functionality cookies are cookies we use to recognize you when you return to our websites. Using cookies of this character enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. Using cookies of this character helps us and our Ad Partners to deliver ads or messages that are relevant to you and your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. For example, these cookies allow us to identify and send you messages about items you have left in your cart and make other purchasing recommendations. Interaction cookies are cookies we use because we are interested in your opinion about our brand and our products and Services. These cookies allow us to communicate. For example, these cookies allow you to “like” us or recommend us on social media. These social media interaction cookies may
collect information about your visit even though you do not interact with them.
3. How We Use Web Beacons Some of our websites and Services, such as e-mail updates, may contain electronic images called “web beacons.” Sometimes people refer to web beacons as one-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, or pixel tags. Web beacons allow us to count visitors who have viewed content on websites or pages. In promotional e-mail messages and newsletters, web beacons allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. They also allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our members and customers so that we may provide more personalized content. We do not use web beacons to access your Personal Data without your consent.
5. How We Engage in Online Advertising We display ads on websites and mobile applications that we own and operate. Through our Ad Partners, we also display ads for our affiliated companies on websites and mobile applications of third parties. When you visit one of our websites or view ads that we or our Ad Partners serve elsewhere on the web, you may see different kinds of ads, such as text next to search results or video on web pages. Sometimes, these ads are based on the content of the pages on which they appear. Other times, they are generated when our Ad Partners match the ad to your interests, as inferred from your online activities. This is known as interest-based advertising. The goal is to show you ads that will most interest you. To meet this goal, we and some of Ad Partners use technologies like cookies and web beacons to collect information about your interaction with our Services and other third-party websites. Typically, Online Data is aggregated with other data to create segments – groups of users and certain general interest categories that our advertising partners have inferred based on a variety of factors (for example, “sports fan”).
Online Data can include information about:
1. web pages, apps, products and services you view and links you click on when using our websites and services as well as third-party websites;
2. our e-mails that you view and links you click on within that e-mail;
3. whether you view or click on ads that are shown to you;
4. demographic or interest data, including general geographic location;
5. offline purchase data that may be combined with Online Data to create a better profile regarding your interests or purchasing preferences; and
6. search terms you enter when using certain search services. We and our Ad Partners use this Online Data to serve ads online that interest the audiences with whom we interact, including you. In addition, our Ad Partners use this Online Data for a variety of other purposes, including: (a) in conjunction with advertising that appears on our website or other websites; (b) to report website traffic, statistics, advertisement data and other interaction with ads and the websites that serve them; and (c) to measure the effectiveness of web-based and e-mail ads.
G. Managing your Privacy Settings
We provide you several ways to manage your privacy settings:
1. Update your default settings for in-app data sharing. We design our apps for your wellness and fitness benefit. For that reason, you can control what and
with whom you share your Personal Data. We encourage you to adjust the sharing settings to best meet your objectives and sharing comfort level. In the interest of safeguarding your Personal Data, we have outlined some initial default sharing settings. Our apps contain instructions on how to adjust these settings but, as we integrate our existing Services and roll out new Services, our apps contain the following default settings for sharing:
For Performance Data:
We have set your Physical Statistics as Private. This includes, for example, your height, weight, BMI, and heart rate. We have set your Activity Statistics as Share with Friends. This includes, for example, your workouts, steps, routes, friends, and challenges. We have set Community Social Data as Public. This includes, for example, social posts where you have set your account up as “Follow” in apps and on websites, community forums, public challenges,
2. Opt-out of cookies and interest-based ads As a user of our Services, you have a number of ways you may communicate your privacy preferences to us.
a. Setting your browser to reject cookies. If you do not want cookies, you can set your computer to (a) warn you each time someone is sending a cookie; or (b) turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through your browser. Please note that if you do not accept cookies, some features or activities may not be available to you. For example, you might not be able to complete your transaction.
b. Opting-out of interest-based advertising. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance in the EU. We expect that ads that we place online using interest-based data will be delivered with the Enhanced Notice required by those principles. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices (US), Your Ad Choices, (Canada), or Your Online Choices (EU), to find a convenient place to indicate your preferences, including the option to make one “universal” opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities for each region. These websites also provide detailed information about interest- based advertising and tips for managing your online privacy. When you opt-out using these methods, a cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you have opted-out of interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt-out again. In addition, when you opt-out using these methods, this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising from us, or when you use the Internet. It just means that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be customized to your interests.
c. Opting-out of interest-based advertising on your mobile device. For most mobile devices, you can control the interest-based ads you see in two different ways: (1) changing the privacy settings of the device itself; and (2) changing the privacy settings of your browser. For example, iOS version 6 and above devices feature Apple’s Advertising Identifier, which allows you to “Limit Ad Tracking” by going to your device’s settings, under “Privacy” and then “Advertising.” You can also modify the settings of your browser, such as Safari, by going to the settings of that browser and, under “Privacy and Security,” select “Do Not Track.” Additionally, you can click on the Ad Choices link to opt- out. In addition, please note that if you use ad blocking software on your device, this may interfere with certain features and cause a disruption of service.
3. Set your communication preferences We respect your communication preferences and have created several ways for you to control how we communicate with you:
a. Email Communication: You may stop receiving promotional email messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive. If you use more than one Service, then opting out of the emails relating to that Service will not stop you receiving emails from other Services. Please note that if you unsubscribe from “all emails” this means “all promotional emails” and you still will receive email communications from us that are not promotional in nature.
b. Postal Mail: You may stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following the opt-out instructions that may be included within those communications.
c. Mobile Messages: You may stop receiving promotional messages on your mobile device by following the opt-out instructions that we include in any such message you receive.
d. Push Notifications: With your permission, we may use push notifications to let you know about new messages or events even when you are not actively using a Service. You can manage the type of push notifications you receive from us by modifying the settings of the applications and websites.
You may also contact us through our Support Team.
4. Manage your geolocation services Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. If you disable location services, we will be able to collect your Location Data when you use our Services, and this might impact the operation of a Service. Most likely, you can locate these controls in the device’s settings menu.
5. Downloading App Choices The DAA offers App Choices, a separate choice tool for users to exercise control over the collection and use of data across and through mobile applications for interest-based advertising and other related uses. To exercise choice for participating companies, you can install the DAAʼs App Choices application on your mobile device.
H. Children We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us through our Support Team. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child’s account.
I. Country and Region-Specific Disclosures The Inspire Fitness Studios follows all United States privacy policies. If you any questions please contact Customer Support.
K. How to Contact Us If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, then you may contact us through our Customer Support Team:
Inspire Fitness Studios
22600 Save Ranch Parkway Suite 150
Yorba Linda, CA 92887